Hull First Reformed Church is seeking a part-time Worship Coordinator (15-20 hours/week) who will collaborate with the Pastor, Worship Team, musicians and choirs to create a high-quality in-person and online worship experience that helps people experience God in meaningful ways through music and engaging liturgical components. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating the music for each worship service and special services or events including song selection, coordination of vocalists, praise teams or instrumentalists, and special music.
- Preparing music media, slides and presentations including announcements, music, or videos for worship.
- Developing praise and worship teams by recruiting volunteers, leading rehearsals, and training future leaders.
- Maintaining weekly communication with the Pastor and Worship Team to coordinate the music and flow of the worship service.
- Meeting with the Pastor and Worship Team leaders monthly to brainstorm creative elements and ensure that musical aspects of each service reflect the theme of the message.
- Maintaining communication with sound and video personnel to assure in-person and online worship experiences are high quality.
- Accountable to the Senior Pastor for day-to-day oversight.
- Skilled in leading and developing ministry teams.
- Interest and ability to lead blended contemporary and traditional musical styles.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental performance and direction.
- Comfortable with the use of technology in worship, including video projection software. Experience with audiovisual equipment and live streaming a plus, but not required.
- Skilled in organization, administration and communication.
- A vital, growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission, vision and worship philosophy of Hull FRC.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of members of the congregation through music ministry.
- A team player with a positive, Christ-centered attitude.
This 15-20 hour/week position includes both weekdays (afternoons/evenings) and weekends (Sundays and religious holidays), but does not require a presence at every Sunday service.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, along with a statement which includes your vision for worship and how music can enhance the worship experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.